The GCV&M has a variety of food and beverage locations. The Depot Restaurant & Freight House Pub, which are part of our 1849 railroad complex, are located right along the Great Meadow. The Pavilion Garden Restaurant is located in the Historic Village, across from the Hyde House.
The Depot Restaurant is open from 11 am to 4 pm Tuesdays-Sundays. Enjoy a casual meal with a variety of sandwiches, fresh salads, cookies & beverages - including a refreshing glass of one of the museum’s ice-cold ales! Take a look at our full menu for all of the delicious options!
Next door at the Freight House Pub you can stop in and purchase the museum’s very own Fat Ox Ale or Intrepid Ale! Wine and hard cider are also available. The Freight House is open event weekends only: 11 am to 4 pm Saturdays & 12 pm to 4 pm Sundays.
The Pavilion Garden Restaurant is open during the summer months from 11 am to 3 pm Tuesdays-Fridays & 11 am to 4 pm Saturdays-Sundays. Take a peaceful rest while strolling through the village to enjoy hand-scooped ice cream, ice cold beverages and light fare - take a look at the full menu!