Make summer memories that last a lifetime!
An amazing experience at the perfect time! Give your child the gift of learning and fun across the wide open spaces of the GCV&M Historic Village, Nature Center, and the John L. Wehle Art Gallery. Campers ages 4-15 can experience 19th-century fun and games, explore nature up close and get out on the trails, or create one-of-a-kind works of art. Returning campers, ages 15-18, can apply to be a Volunteer Assistant and gain valuable leadership and life skills under the mentorship of a Summer Camp Teacher.
Please check back in February for 2023 Summer Camp registration!
2022 Summer Camp Information
- Sessions available Monday – Friday, July 11-August 26, 2022.
- Half-day options for ages 4-6 ($125 / week); Full-day options for ages 4-15 ($270 / week)
- 10% discount for GCV&M Members
- Camp bus is available daily with convenient Rochester stops! Advance registration is required.
- Before and after care is available from 8 – 10 a.m. and 4 – 6 p.m. for an additional fee.
- Camp nurse provided: Covid-19 screening, verification of immunizations, and a Health History Report are required.
- Healthy lunch options are available!
19th Century Summer Sampler
With the GCV&M Historic Village as the setting for adventure, campers are immersed in the lives and times of young people of the 19th century. Campers discover the Pioneer Farm and sample Village life or dive deeper into 19th-century trades, skills, and technologies of the time. Please note that campers enrolled in all Summer Sampler Classes are given a historical costume on Monday morning that is their outfit for the week. An additional fee of up to $50 will be charged for any unreturned or damaged costumes. Click here to view the 2022 Class List for individual class descriptions.REGISTER TODAY
Budding naturalists and outdoor adventurers will love exploring more than 600 acres of environmental preserve. Campers gain valuable knowledge of the natural world through hands-on exploration of the Nature Center ponds, woodlands, and meadows. Play in the creek, catch your first fish, hike the trails, or learn how to build a campfire. Click here to view the 2022 Class List for individual class descriptions.APPLY TODAY
Volunteer Camp Assistant Program
Summer vacation is the perfect time for teens to gain valuable leadership training. Participants in this program will gain hands-on experience working within a nationally accredited living history museum. They will assist with camp activities under the mentorship of one of our Summer Camp Teachers. In order to qualify, applicants must be at least 15 years old and have attended at least one week of camp, or volunteered for 20 hours or more in the historic village or nature center.APPLY TODAY
Camp Culture, Behavior Expectations, and Rules of Conduct
These expectations have been defined in the best interest of your child, and will help ensure a successful experience for you and your child during GCV&M Camps, including bus and extended care services. Our goal is to provide an environment of safety, support, respect, and care. Please be certain that both you and your child have read and agree to follow GCV&M Camp behavior expectations and rules of conduct.
At GCV&M Camp we foster a culture of respect and care for each other and our surroundings.
- We keep each other healthy and safe.
- We help each other participate.
- We use kind words.
- We are gentle with plants and animals.
- We are respectful and take care of Museum property and each other’s belongings.
The following conduct by campers will lead to immediate intervention and discipline by camp staff:
- Failure to follow GCV&M COVID precautions including: wearing face masks when directed, washing/ sanitizing hands frequently; and maintaining physical distance as directed by camp staff.
- Communicating (verbally and non-verbally) with staff in a rude, insubordinate, and defiant manner.
- Using profanity or abusive, discriminatory, or vulgar language or engaging in conversation that causes distress for peers.
- Leaving the group without approval from staff and going into unauthorized areas without permission.
- Damaging or stealing property from anywhere within the Museum.
- Intimidating, harassing, threatening, or fighting staff or fellow campers by any means of physical or verbal aggression, including persistent provoking.
- Deliberately injuring another child or staff member, including causing anger or emotional distress.
- Failure to follow GCV&M drug- and smoke-free policy prohibiting the possession, supply, and use of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal substances and misuse of prescription medication.
Cancellation / Transfer Policy
We will make every effort to transfer your registered camper to a 2022 Camp class that meets your needs. In the event you need to cancel your child’s registration:
- Up to four weeks prior to the first day of camp: full refund minus $25 administrative fee, option for a full credit to remain on the camper’s account for a Summer, Weekend, or Spring Break Camp session until August 31, 2023. (After which a full refund minus $25 administrative fee will be given.)
- One to four weeks prior to the first day of camp: no refund, option for a full credit to remain on the camper’s account for a Summer, Weekend, or Spring Break Camp session until August 31, 2023. (After which the credit balance will be considered a donation to GCV&M.)
- One day to one week prior to the first day of camp: no refund or credit of camp registration will be given.
GCV&M reserves the right to cancel any Camp session. In the event of a cancellation by GCV&M, we will make every effort to transfer your registered camper to a 2022 Summer Camp class that meets your needs, or you may receive a full refund. This updated cancellation policy is subject to change.
COVID-19 exception – Families are required to notify GCV&M if their camper or someone from the camper’s household has been exposed to the corona virus within two weeks of the first day of Camp or at any time while the child is participating in Camp. If a camper is withdrawn from Camp due to COVID-19 exposure or infection, GCV&M will transfer the camper to another class later in the Camp season if possible, or will provide a full registration refund (pro-rated daily if withdrawal happens during Camp session).