Peruse fantastic treasures
Only at GCV&M can you tour historic homes to find decor inspiration, then shop for antiques and collectibles to create your own vintage aesthetic at home! At our Antiques & Artisans Show on Saturday, May 13, you can browse dealers from around the region, explore a wide variety of 19th- and 20th-century wares, and all the while, immerse yourself in the history of the Genesee Valley Region.
Plus, NEW for 2023 – peruse handcrafted wares by local artisans and make connections from the 19th century to the modern day. Shop pottery, ironworks, fiber art, and more!
Participating Antiques Vendors
Peruse vintage wares from these dealers of fine antique goods:
- Jays Way (Ontario, NY)
- Christina’s Antiques (Red Creek, NY)
- Robert Arthur Charboneau (Honeoye Falls, NY)
- Baker’s Bridge Antiques – M’Lady’s Closet (Alfred Station, NY,)
- Vintage Smalls Antiques (Alfred, NY)
- Sandra S. Willson (Churchville, NY)
- Stepping Stones Antiques (Spencerport, NY)
- Millcreek Antiques (Geneseo, NY)
- Reflections Antiques (Williamson, NY)
- Neumann Antiques (North Tonawanda, NY)
- Holly Cobbles Antiques (Fairport, NY)
- Bonnie’s Antiques (Rome, NY)
- Aurora Antiques & Collectibles (Fairport, NY)
- Ryan’s Art, Antiques & Collectibles (Batavia, NY)
- Shirl’s Girls Vintage (Greece, NY)
- American Antiques (Hammondsport, NY)
- Yellow Brick Road Antiques (Rochester, NY)
- All A Board (Palymyra, NY)
- Dale Valley Sales (Middlebury, NY)
- 1880 Antiques (Canandaigua, NY)
- Nathanial Bridge House Antiques (Walworth, NY)
- Down At The Heel
- Magnolia Antiques & Collectibles (LeRoy, NY)
- Old Red Barn Antiques (Lockport, NY)
- Ivy & Loom (East Amherst, NY)
- Barbara Palmer Folk Art (Hilton, NY)
- RTP Toys, Etc. (Spencerport, NY)
- Alice & Marty (Rochester, NY)
Participating Artisan Vendors
Explore contemporary artisans showcasing locally handcrafted goods, inspired by or related to 19th-century trades! How have these art forms changed? What has remained the same? Come find out!
- Black Creek Textiles (Hilton, NY)
- YMS Art Glass (East Aurora, NY)
- Bitter Sweet Basketry (Dansville, NY)
- Katydid Ceramics (Rochester, NY)
- Raina’s Textile House (Rochester, NY)
Mary Skillings (Bitter Sweet Basketry) will be demonstrating basket-making during the event, and Yvonne Stoklosa (YMS Art Glass) will be talking about stained glass, kiln-formed glass, and blown glass.
Please check back as we build out list of participating artisan vendors!
Find inspiration in the Village!
Only at GCV&M can you tour historic homes to find decor inspiration, then shop for antiques and collectibles to create your own vintage aesthetic at home!
See examples of early-19th-century rustic decor in the Pioneer Settlement, make your way through the historic buildings in our Center Village, and explore the finest of Victorian decor in the Gaslight District!
Talk: "The little companions of ladies: how childhood playthings became adulthood helpmates"
SATURDAY, MAY 13 | 2 p.m. in the Gallery
Join guest speaker Anna Worden Bauersmith for a discussion about how dolls transformed from childhood playthings to adulthood helpmates as pin cushions, pen wipers, and other forms of fancy work. Attendees will explore the workbasket pages of popular women’s literature as well as original pieces of fancy work paired with re-creations.
View antique fire apparatus
Exclusive Preview Party
FRIDAY, MAY 12 | 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
This event took place last night (Friday, May 12). Thank you to everyone who joined us!
Enjoy an exclusive first look – and a chance to secure that perfect find – among the treasures available for sale. Plus, guests who attend the Preview Party on Friday can return to enjoy the Antique Show and everything else the Museum has to offer on Saturday, May 13, – for FREE!
Don’t miss the talk “An Empire State of Mind – Origins of US Shotguns and the Waterfowl Conservation Movement” with Dr. Keith G. Tidball in the Gallery lobby at 7 p.m., plus, explore all current exhibits in the John L. Wehle Gallery!
Space is limited for this exclusive event. Make sure to purchase your tickets in advance to reserve your spot!
Museum Members: FREE
Adult: $18 online, $19.50 at the door
Senior (62+): $15 online, $16.50 at the door
Student (13 – 18): $15 online, $16.50 at the door
Youth (3 – 12): $12 online, $13.50 at the door
Under 3: FREE
GCV&M Member admission is FREE and guaranteed for this weekend. Click here to learn more about joining the Museum as a Member!