November 30, December 1, 8, 14, & 15
Costumed interpreters guide students on a walk through the wintery Historic Village, sharing 19th-century seasonal traditions and encouraging students to make connections with their own experiences. These one-of-a-kind guided tours have 7 stops, each in a historic building bedecked in holiday decorations, stops include storytelling, music, dancing, and more. The tour creatively delivers a host of curriculum topics in a unique and memorable way.
Meet an 1840s Santa and join in a reading of “T’was the Night Before Christmas”
Learn about the history of the Christmas tree
Sing 19th-century holiday carols
Discover what gift giving was like in the 1800s
Kick up your heels with some 19th-century dancing
Make a holiday craft to take home
Interested in booking this program? Contact our Program Registrar, (585) 294-8218 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional details for Home for the Holidays
- All ages welcome (popular with students grades 2-6)
- Arrive between 9:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
- This is a 2 hour & 20 minute program.
- Bring your lunch and plan for 20-30 minutes to eat at the completion of your tour. (Meals are NOT provided and food service is NOT available.)
- Dress warm, wear comfortable shoes – tour is outdoors, historic buildings may not be fully heated